Monday, March 16, 2009

Remembering

I was going through my email today and deleting a lot when I came to an email from last May. It was a goodreads update from my nephew, Britton. I haven't been able to delete it. I suppose it's my way of having a connection to him since he is no longer with us. I went into his profile and saw the "send a message" button. I clicked on it. I know what you are all thinking... why do that, right? Well, I guess we all have ways of dealing with grief and so I sent him a message. It went like this:

Hi, Britton! I have been thinking about you lately and just wanted to say, we missed you last night at grandma and grandpa's. Everyone was just as loud and crazy as ever, especially when the ice cream came out. My heart aches knowing you are not here with us. I know you must have some very important things to do right now. We certainly miss you and can't wait to give you a big hug! Love you lots!

Aunt Stephanie : )

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a sweet note, Stephanie! I'm sure he received it! :)