Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hugh turns 1!


I can't believe how fast this past year has flown by. Hugh has been such a sweet baby. He hardly ever cries. In fact, just recently, I was at a friends when I heard a child crying. I didn't know who it was so I went to check it out. It was Hugh! I felt sheepish that I didn't even know his cry. My sweet friend said, "that's because he never cries." And it's true! Unless he doesn't feel good or gets hurt, he doesn't ever cry. He's been such a good baby. He's not demanding unless he sees ice cream or sees the kids go outside and he wants to go to. And even then, he can easily be distracted. We have been so blessed with his sweet disposition. While he doesn't say much, he does give out little peeps here and there when he tries to get our attention. He's very subtle. In fact, just today, Eric was doing the dishes, while Hugh was playing with a doll. Then Eric heard a sound like a mouse and looked up. It was Hugh. He was so quiet and yet, trying to get Eric's attention. When Eric went over, he found Hugh looking down the stairs. The doll had fallen down there and he wanted Eric to get it. It was too cute and funny! What a sweet little baby he is! : ) I wish I could have his whole first year to live all over again. It has been a real treat!




2 comments:

Veronica said...

Happy Birthday Hugh!!! We really need to come up and visit...

Jenny said...

Very cute pictures! I can't believe our babies aren't really babies anymore! (Aaron turns 1 soon.) I TOTALLY agree ... I would live this year over in a heartbeat.

Happy b-day Hugh!! You are blessed to have a sweet, calm, wonderful baby. Very cute too! :)