Friday, April 23, 2010

Bake items!

This week we watched 2 nephews: Jacob, 11, and Justin, 9. They as well as Nicholas and Julia, were asked to bring items for the PTA Walk-a-thon Bake Sell. Each grade wanted different items, so we have muffins, cinnamon rolls, and star and flower sugar cookies on sticks. It was a lot of work and by the end of the night, I was tired and grumpy. Eric volunteered to ice the cookies. I find it funny that I start out so excited about projects and by the end I just want to be done with them...
BTW: At the end of the bake sell, everything we made was gone! So, it was worth it! One thing I learned about sealing cellophane bags is that you can use your flat iron (for hair) to melt the cellophane, thus, your baked goods won't dry out! Just make sure you use a thin tea towel between the cellophane and the iron. They looked commercially packaged!

1 comment:

Inspiration Station said...

YOu are the baking and craft queen Stephanie! Good job!